Engage Sport North NCCP Basic Mental Skills
Course Duration: September 20, 2023 - 5:30-9:00pm
- Host: Engage Sport North
- Location: Dawson Creek Kin Arena, 1101 106 Ave, Dawson Creek, BC V1G 3V7
- Date: September 20th, 2023
- Time: 5:30 – 9:00 PM Pacific Time
- Course Link: Engage Sport North Basic Mental Skills Information
- Cost: FREE for Coaches Week #ThanksCoach
The goal of the NCCP Basic Mental Skills module is to support coaches in developing mental skills in their day-to-day practice as a coach.
- Integrate mental-preparation strategies into practices
- Help participants be mentally prepared for competition
Training for the NCCP Basic Mental Skills module takes approximately 4 hours and it covers 6 topics:
- Basic mental skills
- Developing and maintaining focus
- Setting goals
- Planning for mental skill development
Once you have completed the workshop, credit for the module will appear in your coach transcript in the Locker.
*Note: There are similarities between this module and the NCCP Psychology of Performance module. While this module provides an overview to mental skill development and application, the NCCP Psychology of Performance module covers the knowledge of mental skill development at a deeper level and provides more opportunities for coaches to practice. Both modules follow a similar structure, yet they cover different depths of applying the development of mental skills.
Additionally, as part of the Coaching Association of Canada new mental health and sport project funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada, Teaching and Learning will be offered for FREE. Check out the CAC Mental Health and Sport Resource Hub to learn more and access some useful resources.
Name: Sarah Saunders