Nominations open: 2016 Fan the Flame awards
Oct 29, 2015
Know a deserving athlete, coach, official, or volunteer that has made a contribution to sport in the north? Nominate them now for the 2016 Fan the Flame awards!
Since 2010 PacificSport Northern BC has been celebrating sport in Northern BC with the annual Fan the Flame awards ceremony. Planning for the Fan the Flame 2016 event is currently underway with the Award Banquet and Gala to take place on Thursday, February 11, 2016 in Prince George, BC.
Historically “Rising Star” awards have been presented to athletes who have earned extraordinary achievement in their sport. The 2016 Fan the Flame event will recognize the accomplishments for as many as four “Rising Stars”; a female and male Junior (U18) athlete and a female and male Senior (18 +) athlete.
The success of the 2015 Canada Winter Games embodies both tremendous community spirit and a commitment to sport excellence here in the north. As a legacy of the Games, the 2016 Fan the Flame ceremony will also honor as many as four sport “Difference Makers”: coaches, officials, and volunteers who have made a significant contribution to the sport within Northern BC.
Nomination Criteria: Fan the Flame 2016 will recognize the accomplishments and contributions for the year 2015. Award recipients will exemplify the characteristics of: fair play, good sportsmanship, and dedication to sport in Northern BC.
Rising Star Awards Criteria: 1. Resident of Northern British Columbia.
2. Compete in an organized sport at the: regional, provincial, national level or international level.
3. Junior Athlete – U18 on January 1, 2015.
4. Senior Athlete – 18+ on January 1, 2015.
5. Consideration will be given to: depth of field, level of achievement, and quality of nomination package.
2015 CWG Legacy Sport Difference Maker Award Criteria: 1. Resident of Northern British Columbia.
2. Coach, Sport Official, Sport Volunteer or Sport Administrator.
3. Enriches the lives of athletes and/or participants in Northern British Columbia through a significant contribution to: an athlete, sport organization, community program, or sporting event within Northern British Columbia.
4. Consideration will be given to: geography, gender equality and quality of nomination package.
All nominations must be received by Friday, November 6th, 2015 at 12:00 noon to be considered. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
All nominees will be recognized at the Fan the Flame 2016 Award Banquet and Gala and we are partnering with viaSport Media to produce film clips that will also be featured at the Banquet.