Commit to Kids Online Training
Jul 17, 2023
The Commit to Kids program helps child-serving organizations reduce the risk of sexual abuse and create safer environments for children in their care.
The program’s tools provide organizations with information on the issue of child sexual abuse which forms the basis for educated policies and procedures — from hiring and screening to reporting and staff training. This enables all employees and volunteers throughout an organization to uphold standards of conduct that protect children and youth in their care by focusing on healthy interaction between adults and children.
The Commit to Kids Online Training ($12, 3 hours) is ideal for administrators, staff, front-line workers, and volunteers. Online training empowers employees and volunteers in their role as protective adults and helps them to understand the importance of adhering to an employer’s child protection policies. In the training employees/volunteers will learn:
- The prevalence of child sexual abuse in Canada
- Appropriate boundaries between adults and children
- The process of grooming and disclosure
- The impact of child sexual abuse
The Commit to Kids Foundational course (free, 23 minutes) empowers coaches and leaders with information about:
- The scope of child sexual abuse
- Barriers to disclosure
- Grooming and boundary transgressions
- How you can help safeguard children from sexual abuse