NCCP Planning a Practice (Online Delivery)
Status: Course Full
Course Duration: December 6, 2023 - 5:30-8:30pm
- Host: viaSport
- Location: Online through Zoom
- Dates: December 6th – 7th, 2023. Attendance for both days is mandatory.
- Times: 5:30 – 8:30 PM Pacific Time for both nights
- Host: $90 + GST
The NCCP Planning a Practice module consists of two components:
- a free NCCP Emergency Action Plan eLearning activity
- a five-hour in-class/online delivered module.
Coaches must complete both components to receive full credit for having taken the NCCP Planning a Practice Module. The goal of the module is to prepare coaches to plan safe and effective practices.
The NCCP Planning a Practice learning activities will prepare coaches to:
- explain the importance of logistics in the development of a practice plan;
- establish an appropriate structure for a practice; and
- identify appropriate activities for each part of the practice.
NCCP Emergency Action Plan is recommended prior to the course. You can complete it through the Locker here. After completing the NCCP Emergency Action Plan eLearning activity, coaches will be able to:
- describe the importance of having an Emergency Action Plan (EAP);
- identify when to activate the EAP;
- explain the responsibilities of the charge person and call person when the EAP is activated; and
- create a detailed EAP that includes all required information for responding to an emergency.
Please note: This is a live, facilitator-led, interactive, group-based course offered online through Zoom. To participate in an Online Delivery course, you must have a working microphone, speakers and a camera as well as reliable access to the internet (Dial-up or High Speed).
Please make sure that you have the most updated version of Zoom as some features might not be available through the older versions.
For more information on Online Delivery, click here.