BC Ferries Disability Sport Experience Program
Status: Apply Now
Deadline: March 31, 2024
Athletes, coaches, managers, club volunteers and staff, and athlete companions affiliated with Disability Sport Organizations can apply for competition travel assistance through the BC Ferries Disability Sport Experience Program.
Through the BC Ferries Disability Sport Experience Program, BC Ferries and viaSport provide travel support to eligible not-for-profit disability sport organizations and athletes.
BC Ferries and viaSport will provide ferry travel vouchers to eligible athletes traveling to participate in the following competitions in British Columbia:
- Participation camps
- Regular league play
Who can apply?
- Athletes of any age or someone representing the athlete (e.g. caregiver, parent, guardian, coach, partner)
- Not-for-profit Provincial and National Organizations
- Not-for-profit Local Sport Organizations, clubs and associations that:
- Are a member in good standing with an appropriate Disability Sport Organization OR are working in partnership with an appropriate Disability Sport Organization; and
- Demonstrate inclusive and equitable practices that maximize sport, recreation, physical activity, and leadership opportunities in the community
- Applications may be submitted individually or for a group: When multiple athletes from one club or organization are applying for travel to the same event, only one application should be submitted
If you are competing at an international event, national championship, western championship, provincial championship or selection camp, you can apply for the BC Ferries Sport Experience Program.
Applications must be submitted at least 12 business days (between and including Monday to Friday, not including weekends and public holidays) before the first day of travel.